The past year has been full of transitions—some unforeseeable, and some welcome but accelerated versions of longer-term plans. In many ways 2023 was my wildest ride in business since making the leap to self-employment in 2012.
Here's a snapshot of the foundation laid during the latter part of 2023 to rebuild my business since publicly rebranding as Jennifer Barrett Coaching & Advising in June:
- launched this new website
- purged my email list and started rebuilding it from scratch–and am exceedingly grateful for the 82 people who have joined thus far!
- completed 158 hours of coaching–inclusive of paid client engagements and practice coaching sessions in fulfillment of my Hello Seven coaching certification
- served 48 women in ten states and four countries through coaching and advising services
- piloted and facilitated two cohorts of a group coaching circle for women entrepreneurs–Permission to Launch
- welcomed founding members of the Multiplicity Membership–a community of courageous, entrepreneurial women officially launching later this quarter
- generated my first $50,000 in revenue as a business, money, and mindset coach for women business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs
Of course, this transition has been inspired, hastened, and complicated by the fact that I'm also caregiving for my partner who is living with ALS. This year's leap to coaching coincided with the inflection point of caregiving becoming my full-time and (nearly) all-consuming role.
I cannot convey how incredibly hard it is to live with ALS, even as a caregiver. Combine that with running a business and it would break most people. If I'm being honest, there have been moments during the past year when I thought it HAD broken me. So I'm pretty damn proud to be approaching the anniversary of my twelfth year in business, and have committed to some pretty big goals for next year.
My business impact goals for 2024
I first shared these goals on my personal Facebook profile in early December to get them out of my head, allow them to breathe a bit, and hold me accountable to them while building out my schedule and commitments for the new year. Sharing them here three weeks later on the first day of the year, I'm even more energized by them and raring to go!
2024 Business Goals
🎆 Directly serve at least 100 women through coaching and advising services, who in turn collectively:
- generate at least $1 million in new revenue streams
- launch at least 25 new businesses
- create 10 new jobs
🎙️ Connect with 50 women who have or are “entrepreneuring while caregiving” and feature them in my podcast which will launch on my 50th birthday at the end of March.
💖 Reach at least 10,000 women through my newsletter and guest contributions to blogs, podcasts, webinars, and other collaborations.
💸 Achieve my biggest annual gross revenue since 2012, with the longer-term goal of reaching seven figures by the end of 2025.
👯 After a decade-plus of swearing I will only utilize contractors (because I'm afraid of the commitment of payroll), I will hire my first employee by the end of 2024.
You can bet that I'll be sharing updates throughout the year to report on my progress!
How about you?
Have you set your intentions for 2024? What do you want to achieve this year? Whether you'd like a little accountability or coaching in achieving your goals, or a sounding board or encouraging counsel to support you in establishing them, I'd love to hear from you. Tell me more in the comments below, join our private Facebook community, or schedule a complementary coaching call.